Tell Your Story
Newest Stories
Rate The Stories
Top Rated Stories
VerizaRape Store

Site Map

RSS Follow us on Twitter!
Receive updates via Email...
Enter your Email Address:


This Entry is Rated:
with 1 votes!

07/28/12 | 21:49PM
Customer Service NightMare

Date: July 28, 2012

To: Mr. Lowell C. McAdam
Fr: Wayne Denson (Verizon customer for years)

Regarding: A Customer Service Nightmare

Dear Mr. McAdam,

I am a 57 year old man, a citizen, of the United States who can trace his roots back to 1631. It hurts my soul to see what has happened to the United States. We have given away our country in so many ways. Why is this important?

Well, it will take people in key positions of the largest companies to change the trends back to our America roots and that includes people like yourself. One of the ways we have terribly hurt this country is the outsourcing of millions of U.S. jobs to other countries, and in many cases, to places where the so called customer service reps can barely be understood, if at all.

I have been a Verizon customer for years and have paid thousands and thousands of dollars to your company. What I have been going through for the past 8 days is the WORST Customer Service I have ever experienced in my life.

The Nightmare Begins!

Friday, July 20th around noon. Placed an order to upgrade my service, which would include 50/25 internet speed and all movie channels at a certain price for a year. This was for a two year agreement. The woman I spoke with said the changes would take effect on Friday night at 8 p.m. She also neglected to tell me that there were other choices of internet speeds. I would actually have gone higher.

Friday, July 20th at 8 p.m. Nothing happened. Changes did not go into effect.

Saturday, July 21st around 1 p.m. Called and sat on the call for over 50 minutes. NO ONE came on the phone. I finally gave up and hung up.

Sunday, July 22nd in the afternoon. Called and got through to Technical Support. Spoke to a guy who said he could not help me so he put me through to another department, again sat for over 20 minutes on hold. FINALLY, spoke to a person who said that she could not understand why my order did not go through, but she would set it up for 8-9 p.m. Monday night.

Monday, July 23th at 9 p.m. Nothing happened. Changes did not go into effect.

Monday, July 23th at 11 p.m. Called again. Set on hold again. Finally spoke to a person that told me the EXACT same thing as the previous person. Again, promising me that the changes would go through the next night.

Tuesday, July 24th at 9 p.m. Nothing happened. Changes did not go into effect.
Unfortunately, I was out of town until Thursday night.

Thursday, July 26th at night. Called again. Set on hold again for over thirty minutes. Finally, spoke to a person named Frank. He told me the EXACT same thing as the previous person. Again, promising me that the changes would go through the next night. Frank also promised to call me on Friday night to ensure that the changes would go into effect.


Friday, July 27th at night. Changes did not go into effect. See a pattern!!!!!!!!!! Frank did not call me. I called again. I thought I would try technical support. I spoke to Brandon who said he could not see my order (“It was in a different system.” REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) He sent me to another department. At this point, I am “TOTALLY FED UP!” I finally got a guy on the phone named James (very nice guy and a person who appeared to care about my situation). I told him that I appreciated his concern, but at this point, I wanted to speak to a manager. He said ok and put me on hold. TWENTY MINUTES LATER, James said that the floor supervisor REFUSED to take my call that he did not want to handle my problem. His EXACT words!!!!!!!!!!! I said that was completely unacceptable to get that person on the phone. At this point, I AM FURIOUS and have EVERY right to be. Over twenty minutes later, James came back on the phone and told me that the floor supervisor still REFUSED to take my call. He said that he was trying to get another supervisor. Over twenty minutes later again (I have now been on the phone for at least as hour), James came back and said he was transferring the call to Valerie Boone, ANOTHER floor supervisor who had been on a break. THE FIRST FLOOR SUPERVISOR SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY! Valerie came on the phone. I told her the ENTIRE story. She checked the records and said she could see no reason why my order had not gone through. She scheduled it for that night. At this point, it was about 11:15 p.m. Valerie also said that she was going to call me on Saturday at 1 p.m. my time to ensure that the changes went into effect.

By the way, these people were all in the state of Arizona, and I found out that the customer service of Verizon was outsourced so these are NOT even Verizon direct employees that I am speaking with.

Saturday, July 28th at 2 p.m. Changes did not go into effect AGAIN. As I completely expected, Valerie did NOT call me. I called again and spoke to a woman. AGAIN, I had to go through the same story. I asked for Valerie Boone. She said that she could not put me through to her unless I had her ID number, which, unfortunately, I did not have. I finally got through to a floor supervisor named Eddie, ID number Z740062. Eddie looked at my order and could not figure it out so he said he would have to escalate it to another department. Eddie added, “This is probably take about THREE DAYS to happen! REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just said thanks and hung as he was actually saying to me, “Thanks for using Verizon.”

SO HERE I AM!!!!!!! I am a very nice guy. I never cursed at anyone, though I am VERY upset. If this company in Arizona were representing my MULTI-BILLION dollar company with this kind of service, as the CEO, I would also fire them. This is the company that represents YOU.

Honestly, I don’t REALLY expect anything to happen and even doubt you will see this or probable not even care.

I will next call Cox Cable and Direct TV to discuss their services/packages.

I will also go to AT&T on my four cell phones when my agreement ends in December.

I have never written a letter like this in my life, but someone needs to stand up for the “little man” in this country.

If you want to speak to me, my cell phone number is 972-345-9339 and my CURRENT email address is wdenson@verizon.net (for now). I do not expect to hear from you, though if I got this letter, I would be calling you at 8 a.m. Monday morning to apologize for this EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE and then I could find out who I needed to talk to, to fix this problem immediately.

Your company has defeated me this time, but making $500/Month off me will end shortly unless this situation is resolved by Monday, 7/30, at midnight. AND I receive some kind of free service for the waste of my time for the past eight days.

Just FYI, I would NEVER treat my customers this way, not in a MILLION YEARS.

Wayne Denson

Anonymous - Verizon H8er ID: 96E12D

Reply to this StoryTell Your Story


©2010 Hate Verizon? Help Stop VerizaRape! - Verizon Sucks!